Integration between Palo Alto Network VM-Series FW with Amazon Guard Duty
The following sections describe the steps to be able to consume Amazon Guard Duty findings and subsequently apply security policy on the Palo Alto VM-Series Firewalls.
- Requires the use of the pandevice python package
- Requires the use of the pan-python python package.
0.1 Make sure to enable the Guard Duty service on your AWS account.
git clone this repository.
In the same directory, install the pandevice and pan-python packages as described below.
- From the git directory, change into the parent directory
- pip install pandevice -t
- pip install pan-python -t
Edit the "lambda_fw_config.py" file
- Update the Mgmt IP of the VM-Series FW and the username and password so that the lambda function can communicate with the FW.
Create a zip file which contains the lambda code and the python packages.
- zip -r .zip .
Create a bucket on S3
- Create a folder named "lambda" in the bucket.
Upload the zip file to the S3 bucket
- upload the zip file into the "lambda" folder of the bucket.
Make the changes in the cloud formation template to reference the name of the S3 bucket created in step 4.
- Change the value of the "S3Bucket" key to be the name of the S3 bucket created in step 4.
- Change the value of the "S3Key" key to be "lambda/"
Deploy the cloud formation template.
This template/solution is released under an as-is, best effort, support policy. These scripts should be seen as community supported and Palo Alto Networks will contribute our expertise as and when possible. We do not provide technical support or help in using or troubleshooting the components of the project through our normal support options such as Palo Alto Networks support teams, or ASC (Authorized Support Centers) partners and backline support options. The underlying product used (the VM-Series firewall) by the scripts or templates are still supported, but the support is only for the product functionality and not for help in deploying or using the template or script itself. Unless explicitly tagged, all projects or work posted in our GitHub repository (at https://github.com/PaloAltoNetworks) or sites other than our official Downloads page on https://support.paloaltonetworks.com are provided under the best effort policy.
For assistance from the community, please post your questions and comments either to the GitHub page where the solution is posted or on our Live Community site.