PAN-OS-PHP is a PHP library aimed at making PANOS config changes easy (and XML free ;), maintainable and allowing complex scenarios like rule merging, unused object tracking, conversion of checkpoint exclusion groups, massive rule editing, AppID conversion … . It will work seamlessly on PAN-OS local xml config file or PAN-OS API.
The recommended installation of PAN-OS-PHP is via Docker. Please install Docker Desktop if needed.
Old detailed information
Homepage : latest sources on GitHub.
- PHP 7.4 with curl module [ tested with PHP 5.5 / 5.6 / 7.3 / 7.4 / 8.0 / 8.1 ]
- php-curl php-dom php-mbstring php-bcmath
Usage: include the file lib/pan_php_framework.php in your own script to load the necessary classes.
- /lib/ contains library files source code
- /utils/ contains ready to run scripts, more information in utils/README
- /doc/index.html has all classes documentations
- /example-xxx.php are examples about using this library
This tool is provided "AS IS" and is community supported. Please also check the LICENSE file.
For help, it is always possible to open a GIT issue for this repository, or reaching out to Palo Alto Networks LIVE community page.
Usage (create custom Scripts)
With less than 20 lines of code, you should be able to solve most of your needs. Brief overview:
UTIL (predefined Scripts)
You hate scripting ?
Use around 50 different predefined entry parts [e.g. address / service / tag / rule / ...] with 100 of actions and filters to easily improve your Palo Alto Networks Firewall and Panorama configuration
There are Dockerfiles available with OS: Ubuntu20/22 and CentOS 7/8