The K12 Skillet is indented for K12 educational deployment configuration as an Internet Gateway using 2 zones, the untrust zone as a dhcp-client, and Safe Search configurations (Decryption, DNS Proxy, and DNS restrictions).
The security policy provides for outbound policies using IronSkillet best practice security profiles and groups.
- PAN-OS 9.X
- Threat, URL, and Wildfire subscriptions
K12 Skillet and panhandler
K12 Skillet is designed to be used with the panhandler application to API load structured configurations. It also captures web form data to semi-customize the configuration for local use.
Before using this Skillet you should download and install the latest Threat package on the target firewall.
The code and templates in the repo are released under an as-is, best effort, support policy. These scripts should be seen as community supported and Palo Alto Networks will contribute our expertise as and when possible. We do not provide technical support or help in using or troubleshooting the components of the project through our normal support options such as Palo Alto Networks support teams, or ASC (Authorized Support Centers) partners and backline support options. The underlying product used (the VM-Series firewall) by the scripts or templates are still supported, but the support is only for the product functionality and not for help in deploying or using the template or script itself. Unless explicitly tagged, all projects or work posted in our GitHub repository (at https://github.com/PaloAltoNetworks) or sites other than our official Downloads page on https://support.paloaltonetworks.com are provided under the best effort policy.
- Builds on the Iron Skillet configurations
- Dynamic configuration based on the desired Safe Search deployment:
- Transparent - SSL inspection with NGFW enforced Safe Search
- DNS-Proxy - NGFW responds to Google and Bing search engine requests with Safe Search only server IPs
- Local DNS CNAME - Limits outbound DNS requests to sanctioned internal DNS servers with Google and Bing Safe Search configurations
- Optional country block - Only allows IPs from US, Mexico, Canada, and cloud providers (based on EDL)
- K12 Reports
- Targeted decryption policies to help enable SSL-Decryption adoption and limit risk
How to use
The K12 Skillet is intended to be used with Panhandler. There is a 3-step depmoyment process that is intended to be executed in order.