This template was created to support the deployment of a 3 interface Palo Alto Networks firewall into an existing Microsoft Azure environment that has the following items already deployed:
-Load Balancer - If being used -Availability Set for the Firewall -VNET - with subnets -Storage Account for the firewall VHD -Resource Group for Firewall
- Bootstrapping is used to put an initial configuration and license on the firewall.
- The firewall deploys with 3 interfaces. 1 MGMT and 2 data plane into an existing environment.
- It is possible to choose the version of software the firewall is running. 7.1 or 8.0 (Latest)
- The deployment SKU can also be choosen during deployment. BYOL, Bundle1 or Bundle2 are the available options.
- Static IP addresses assignment is used for all the firewall interfaces.
The following Storage Account types are supported:
-Standard_LRS -Standard_GRS -Standard_RAGRS -Premium_LRS
The following VMs are supported:
-Standard_D3 -Standard_D4 -Standard_D3_v2 -Standard_D4_v2 -Standard_A4 -Standard_DS3_v2 -Standard_DS4_v2
- Make sure the VMs are supported in the specific Storage Account Type and Azure Region.
- Make sure that the storage type (Premium vs Standard) on the page blob is supported by the firewall
After deploying, this firewall can be intetgrated into a load balancer setup via the Azure Portal.